Business Analyst (regulatory reporting MIFID)
Dublin or London
Contract or Permanent
Business Analyst - Regulatory Reporting - contract or permanent - can be based in London or Dublin office. 2-3 days a week in office.
The Business Analyst/Project Manager role in corporate technology is a critical function. The team is responsible for requirements documentation, project delivery, program management, domain knowledge, and collaboration with all teams involved in the software development lifecycle. This particular role will be focused heavily on Regulatory reporting change initiatives, including new regulatory changes, enhancements to operational efficiency, streamlining existing reporting and developing strategic architecture.
- Drive end-to-end delivery of process changes, partnering with Operations, Compliance and Technology
- Develop and document business requirements including understanding the regulations and documentation of the interpretation and rules associated with the implementation
- Delve into system infrastructure to understand impact of data flows and booking models on reporting
- Data analysis and production of technical documentation
- Define and template appropriate test strategies & test cases required to detect issues with changes
- Assist with the UAT process and testing of changes
- Communication of requirements to development and testing teams
- Developing and enforcing project governance for various initiatives and ensuring consistent communication with stakeholders.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with business analysis in financial services, 1+ years of experience in regulatory reporting space (MIFID experience a plus)
- Proven track record of hands-on project delivery experience across the SDLC at an Investment Bank, Software Vendor, Exchange or ATS, or Buy Side Firm
- Experience with development methodologies including waterfall or agile, for example
- Experience coordinating projects across multiple teams / functional areas
- Ability to communicate at detailed levels to development teams and users and executive updates to senior stakeholders.
- Experience in improving processes and increasing efficiency
- Managing UAT cycles and issues management
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with an independent/self-starter work ethic.