- Job Ref: 7792
- Accounting and Finance
Our client, a leading Accountancy Practice is looking to hire someone to join their Funds Services Advisory Team working in a dynamic environment supporting their clients on a range of projects, covering Financial Reporting, Fund Operations, Project, and Change Management.
This role will suit a fully or part qualified accountant looking to pursue a career in professional services. The candidate should have at least 2 years’ experience relevant experience in the funds industry.
This role offers excellent opportunities for the candidate to broaden their skillsets by gaining experience in other areas across Financial Services.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated, capable of working off their own initiative and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Be a team player with a strong personality
- Display an inquisitive nature and openness in learning new things
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and be eager for a varied workload
Typical responsibilities include:
- Preparation and review of annual and semi-annual financial statements under US GAAP or experience in audit review of financial statements
- Delivery of financial statements in line with agreed deadlines and ability to follow checklists, procedures, and process requirements
- Month and Year-end close preparation and accounting as well as liaison with auditors
- Assisting the month-end close, which will include reporting financial performance
- Identify areas of improvement in financial reporting and related processes to support client efficiencies
- Liaising with auditors, internal operational teams, and client financial reporting teams
- Support and delivery on other financial services advisory projects in areas such as risk and compliance, internal audit, business process transformation and project management
Skills and attributes:
- Experience of and knowledge in the funds industry, either directly or through practice or exposure to financial statement and annual report delivery in industry
- ACA/ACCA part qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in a professional services or industry environment.
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities, and complex financial instruments an advantage
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry an advantage
- Strong Microsoft office skills in particular advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team
Apply now below or reach out to me at email@example.com