Assistant Project Manager | GC Interiors
- Job Ref: 8094
- New York
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) provides full time support to the Project Manager (PM) and has frequent interaction with the owner/client, consultants and general contractor. The APM is responsible for coordination of construction and administrative duties in support of the PM. The APM manages the flow of information between the field, office, and senior management to assure that components and systems are incorporated in accordance with the schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all submittals and maintain submittal tracking log.
- Assist PM to identify long lead-items and keep log of key material lead time; expedite long lead-items during procurement.
- Assist in ordering material and tracking deliveries to job site.
- Assist PM with change order proposals and change order management; maintains change order log.
- Keep detailed daily manpower and labor utilization records, tracking and comparing daily sign-in sheets to work tickets.
- Maintain project permitting records and ensure permits are up-to-date.
- Ensure up-to-date plans and shop drawings are available on site.
- Update project forecast utilizing MS Project.
- Process A/P review against project budget.
- Attend meetings as required, taking minutes and following-up on open items.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- 1-2 years of construction project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting blueprints, plans and specifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include a strong working ability in using Excel and MS Project
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to work well under pressure
- Detailed oriented and focused
· Health insurance
· Dental and Vision
· Vacation/Paid time off