PHP / SQL Web Developer – Cambridge
- Job Ref: 8126
Are you motivated and self-driven? Do you want to work in with a team of innovators and forward-thinkers? Our client, who provides IT infrastructure to global Capital Markets firms, are currently on the lookout for a PHP Developer to join their growing data team.
This is a great permanent opportunity for someone who is finishing university. You will work in a close-knit collaborative environment and be supported along your professional development.
As a PHP Developer you will bring:
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a related role or through equivalent collaborative project. This can include experience gained through placement or internship.
- The ability to demonstrate previous work with PHP and MYSQL and large datasets.
- Working knowledge of at least one modern backend language (php8, nodejs, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of OOP design, Microservice, API design and the necessity of constant refactoring and testing.
- Experience of a modern web framework e.g. Symfony, Laravel, Django etc.
- Knowledge of web application security practices.
- Experience with container tools such as Docker.
- Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science or comparable scientific discipline.
- Strong research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable working environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Desire to travel and see the world.
- Ability to work independently and manage your own projects in a professional manner.
- A passion for innovation and the financial technology sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills and proven ability to manage own workload.
What’s in it for you?
- Global travel: Our client has offices in New York, Chicago, Toronto, Belfast, London and across Asia.
- Professional skills development and technical training.
- The chance to be part of a self-sufficient, successful team of innovators and forward thinkers.
- A very competitive salary, bonus incentives and employee benefits.
If you feel this is of interest to you, please reach out and I can provide you with a details spec. Email: email@example.com
Graduate visa will not be supported for this opportunity.