As a Storage Support Engineer, you provide support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff that is focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging products. You respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in hardware or software products, and you ensure delivery of optimal results. You must be a “take charge” professional, with demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, a subject matter expert and possess strong customer service orientation and experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills in stressful and/or ambiguous situations.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Solid understanding of one or more of the following protocols, applications and platforms: NFS, CIFS, SAN , iSCSI, TCP/IP, RAID, DNS, NIS and AD
Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as:
• Cluster-Mode Storage Solutions and related technologies
• Data ONTAP operating system and High-Availability (HA) technology
• UNIX/Linux configuration, administration and technical support
• Microsoft Windows environment configuration, system administration and technical support
• NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
• The interoperability of enterprise applications (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP) with storage systems and solutions
• Server, and Desktop Virtualization Solutions (such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix)
• Storage Management Software Suite
• Data Protection Software and related backup technology
• Performance issues relating to storage solutions
• Expertise in one or more cloud solutions:
o AWS Cloud solutions
o Google Cloud solutions
o Azure Cloud solutions
o Cloud orchestration (K8s)
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience; 3 – 5 years of experience in UNIX, Storage administration or technical support.