Technical Support Engineer – Hebrew/German/French/Spanish/Italian
- Respond to post sales customer support issues, raised by the customer via phone/email/web/chat, or internally via Active Support.
- Be responsible for monitoring and responding to alerts on customer systems
- Raising support cases for alerts received by the SolidFire monitoring system or direct requests from customers
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Technical troubleshooting of customer environments and the SolidFire product.
- Collection and analysis of multi-platform logs to identify issues and determine root cause.
- Case management.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support Engineers to quickly facilitate solutions for customers.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of your specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Share best practices with Technical Support Center staff and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and fluent in Hebrew/German/French/Spanish/Italian
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in troubleshooting methodologies
- Strong communication and documentation skills, and strong process skills
- General knowledge of
- Operating systems including Linux / Windows
- Troubleshooting block storage access protocols (FC, iSCSI)
- Server / storage hardware troubleshooting
- Basic experience with virtualized infrastructure and hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, Etc.)
- Basic Networking concepts
- Previous experience with case management systems
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience; and 3-5 years of experience in a relevant technical support role.
Certifications in the following would also be a plus: VCP, BCP, MCP, etc.