Business Analyst (Insurance)
Your key responsibilities
- You will help clients align project outcomes with technology/business strategy by acting as an intermediary between business and technology stakeholders
- Help identify problems, opportunities, and methods for improving existing business processes and workflows
- Develop business case for proposed solutions; provide detailed analysis and documentation
- Ensure the successful completion of all major activities, tasks and deliverables pertaining to the requirement analysis and mapping stage
- Create a functional design blueprint based on a broad design concept and business and user requirements, ensuring compliance with guidelines
- Prepare and analyse defect-tracking reports on existing systems
- Performs continuous integration of system features and enhancements
- Participates in identifying the costs, benefits and process impact of updating, upgrading or adding new components; documents and measures direct and indirect costs and projected benefits
- Resolve moderate to high complexity issues that occur during the functional design process
- Manage conflicting requirements of the various stakeholders
- Design functional specifications of applications to address business and user needs
- Test the effectiveness of functional design and ensures that business requirements are fully met
- Share ideas and solutions that meet the client's unique needs to achieve technical objectives
- Assist in the delivery and evaluation of training program components
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Provides guidance and support to ensure that participants using self-study methods to meet their learning goals
To qualify for the role, you must
- Have at least 2 years within a blue-chip consulting firm, industry or government organisation (strong track record in consulting is highly desirable)
- Have a strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in an IT related area
- Have core experience in Insurance industries, and proven change delivery experience in enterprise-level insurance customers across Life & Pension, Health.
- Have experience operating in a fast paced, multi-vendor environment.
- Have proven experience in business development such as client relationship management and?proposal support
- Have proven technology (or functional) change delivery experience, Insurance Platform / Re-platform, migrations in Life & Pension, Health platforms e.g., BaNCS, ALIP, MSG, Fadata, etc or any relevant L&P or Health platforms.
- Have documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ assessments for a new or existing Insurance Products and Platforms.
- Have strong Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills
- Have attention to detail and time management skills
Ideally, you’ll also have experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies, including the creation of User Stories and working closely with a Product Owner
- Have ability to build and manage relationships across business and technology stakeholders
- Have ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience with process design and modelling
- Technology sourcing
- Conducting Workshops and interviews
- Experience with stakeholder management and working collaboratively with Development and Testing teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet client and user business needs
- ERP/CRM implementation
- Completing Technology/Business Architecture Review.
- Experience in Finance Transformation project / programmes (if any)
- Experience in IRFS 17 (if any)