Construction Project Manager:
Established general contracting company seeking experienced Project Managers for current and anticipated new business volume. We are seeking to interview professional Project Managers who have at least 4-6 years of proven experience in the interior commercial construction industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Job Description A Project Manager is a key figure of a project team. They are primarily responsible for the overall success of their projects. They monitor compliance of contract documents and maintaining project schedules. Weekly client/design team meetings are facilitated by them. Project Managers prepare monthly requisitions as well as deliver final contract documents and As-Builts. A candidate for this position should possess excellent leadership skills, have the ability to successfully set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently.
- Coordinate with Estimating Department award schedule for trades during pre-construction
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance are in place
- Forecast and track the amount of labor, managerial and material costs necessary to complete a project
- Coordinate both in-house and building kick-off meeting
- Perform project status reviews by monitoring project schedule, submittal/RFI logs and open items
- Hold regular status meetings with project team as well as manages day-to-day client interaction
- Handle project delays
- Resolve scope discrepancies
- Review and submit Change Orders to client
- Analyze and manage project budget, profitability, revenue and margins
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables for project as well as subcontractor pay schedule
- Resolve subcontractor claims during subcontractor close-out period
- Ensure punchlist completion and Department of Buildings sign off
- Organize and deliver project close-out/As-Built documents
- Identify business development
Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Procore and DOB tracking software.
Educational And Professional Qualifications
Five year minimum experience as Project Manager in interior, high-end commercial general contracting
- Must have strong client relations skills and a collaborative disposition
- Good leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required
- Solid facilitation skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications
- Must be able to efficiently multi-task
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certificate
- 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User Certificate
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5-8 years related experience.