AWS Architect/DevOps – Contract – Remote
***AWS Architect/DevOps Engineer***
Job type: Contract for up to 6 Months
Daily Rate: €550 - €600
Our client, an insurance company is looking to hire an AWS developer for a long term project! You will be responsible for AWS infrastructure development an deployment.
Are you passionate about IAC in particular using Cloudformation and Terraform?
Do you have a strong background in development of AWS platform and cloud migration projects?
Working as part of the global infrastructure and cloud guild the successful individual will be responsible for :
- Building and improving infrastructure delivery pipelines incorporating automated testing, seamlessly enforcing security, operational integrity and compliance “by design.”
- The remediation of cloud solutions based on best practices and customer non-functional requirements.
- The compliance and security of our public cloud platforms by ensuring automated controls are in place to deliver security by design and compliance by design.
- Delivering efficiencies in our Move to cloud program, by recognising reusable patterns and sharing with the regional teams to ensure we learn once and deploy may times.
- Delivering continuous improvement on our cloud platforms, enabling our customer to self-serve standard catalogue services – ensuring that low value tasks (in the Guild) are automated wherever possible.
- Working with our cloud vendors to introduce migration best practices to the regional project teams and deliver increased benefits to the program.
- Acting as a migration problem solver for the program team ensuring that all milestones are met by removing any technical blockers as quickly as possible.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years plus public cloud experience in an enterprise environment, delivering highly available production systems
- Proven background in the delivery of infrastructure delivery pipelines, testing and automation resulting in greater stability and compliance of production environments
- A good understanding of infrastructure as code and experience deploying repeatable patterns for all standards AWS and Azure services – exposure and capability in IaC tools mandatory (Cloud formation or Terraform or Ansible).
- Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
- AWS certified architect to at least associate level in Architecture, DevOps or Sysops
If you are interested in working on a large migration to cloud project an be responsible for improving the Terraform framework get in touch via the apply button!
This is a daily rate contract!