Principal Engineer/Architect – fintech – Dublin
- Job Ref: 8419
- IT - Java
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/ Architect for my client a leader in the fintech industry worldwide.
About the role:
The team you are going to be part of is responsible for mechanisms to review existing and proposed designs to verify compliance with my client's Engineering Principles and other technology policies. Additional team responsibilities include governance of new or changing enterprise services and request for new software.
All About You:
- Lead architecture design reviews to validate proper architectural patterns are being followed for new designs.
- Be a spokesperson to help shape technical designs and future direction for designated technologies and business domains with an emphasis on application architecture, cloud native patterns, localization, distributed systems, and infrastructure.
- Manage logistics for policy exceptions and issues for the technology portfolio
- Manage the usage of the approved software and technologies.
- Develop, promote, and validate the company's target architecture to support and enable business strategies.
- Advice and approve enterprise service requirements that form the basis of capabilities
- Lead assessments on new and existing services to verify internal technology policies are being followed while working closely with the Technology Risk Management organization.
And what it is on offer to you:
- Must have significant experience as an architect.
- Technical leadership experience in architecture, infrastructure, development, testing, and operations with knowledge across multiple technology stacks.
- Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless, etc.), microservice design, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- Expertise in designing scalable, fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures.
Work with a bunch of talented people to build the platform from the ground up
Attractive salary and benefits package
If this is something of interest to you get in touch for more details!