GLOBAL HEAD OF DATACENTER OPERATIONS
This company fuels the global capital markets community by providing exceptional market data services and customized managed infrastructure solutions. As financial industry experts at the center of markets and technology, we help our clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets. From infrastructure, connectivity, market data and analytic, we support our clients through the full trading lifecycle. We are a global company headquartered in New York, with offices in multiples cities. Chicago, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Dublin…
Job Title: Global Head of Datacenter Operations
Corporate title: Director/Manager TBD depending on suitability of skills and expertise
Department: Data Centre Operations
Reporting to: Head of Global Client Services
Location: US based (New York area preferred)
Purpose of the role:
We are is hiring a Global head of Datacenter Operations. In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Global Client Services and be responsible for leading a global team in providing datacenter services to our client across 50+ datacenter worldwide. The candidate will have to establish a consistent model for managing a worldwide distributed set of data centers in Europe, North America and APAC together with the regional responsible managers. You will be successful by attaining a high level of customer satisfaction through effective management, excellent communication, and consistent operational excellence. The ideal candidate has strong Datacenter operational experience within the Capital market industry, a natural talent for getting the best of a diversify and multicultural team in a 24/7 environment.
Responsibilities and duties
This includes, but is not limited to the following services:
- Datacenter capacity management - Keeping track of space/power consumption (Global)
- Team capacity management - Track hours spent in all locations and resource vs business
- Business capacity management - Monitor client consumption based on signed contracts (PnL)
- Delivery of high-end services for internal and external customers including device management.
- Develop leading edge ideas to enhance the technical base technologies to support rapidly increasing business requirements in respect to inventory, life cycle, automation (RFID technology)
- Support the overall transformation roadmap and maximize our datacenter usage worldwide.
- Develop hygiene and control process around inventory management, stocks…
- Analyze the level of vertical integration depth, align with the overall business goals and adjust where necessary, incl. selection and implementation of external partners
- Exercise strategic leadership to deliver leading edge data center operation services (Automation)
- Drive value added data center operations working closely with Product Management
- Build relationship with all key datacenter providers and keep-up to date with the industry trends
- Promote continuous development. Training, team presentation, documentation, certifications
- Enhance and track team KPI and activity across our ticketing/CRM and client portal access.
- Have a strong Datacenter on the ground experience to apprehend the team challenge and develop/refresh team best practices.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop a consistent operating model following approved standards for the global data center infrastructure located in Europe, North America and APAC with exceptional requirements on inventory and storage tracking with the regional responsible managers
- Efficiently manage the worldwide resources with the regional responsible managers: staff, plan, hire, and grow team members into a high-performance team
- Provide monthly/quarterly report on team efficiency around client service consumption
- Be the global point of escalation for any Datacenter priority request, incident, opportunity…
Education, Skills and background (incl. Education and Experience Requirements)
- 15+ years of experience in Data Centre related field with 8+ years within the capital market industry
- In depth knowledge of Datacenter operation (Cabling, rack elevation, structure…)
- Team player, capable to communicate with technology team, business, sales and executive team
- Exhibit solid project management and information acquisition skills
- Track record in managing and developing global team
- Identify opportunities for efficiency, cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Professional business communication and customer management skills
- Possess a good level of commercial acumen
- Be passionate about delivering exceptional service
- Eligibility to work within the United States
This is an office-based position with flexibility to work from home. Though travel may be required from time to time, it is not expected to be regular or frequent. The role holder will be expected to work whatever hours are necessary for the performance of this role and keep a close collaboration with other regions.