We are currently looking for an experienced Program Manager.
Our client is embarking on an ambitious, multi-year transformation program and are seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead the delivery of there retail workstream. Operating within the PMO and reporting to the PMO Lead, the position is a pivotal role with high visibility and influence within the transformation. It will be supported within the organisation by Retail, Commercial, Operations, Technology, PMO, and Human Resources.
The Program Manager will be expected to manage the retail workstream of the overall transformation program and this will consist of several key projects, among them a substantial ERP replacement and several M&A integrations. A pivotal responsibility in the role will be to work with the senior leadership team to identify and build out a pipeline of further initiatives to support the overall transformation strategy. Examples will include business process re-engineering, digital workflows, mobile apps, business intelligence, CRM, EPOS, eCommerce. The role will suit someone with a strong project management discipline who is comfortable delivering both commercial and technical projects.
Key Responsibilities / Outcomes
- Ensure the transformation vision is converted to tangible work packages that deliver value to the organisation. Work with the leadership team to identify opportunities and build out a pipeline of initiatives to deliver within the retail transformation
- Lead all retail projects from initiative though to successful delivery, manage across the full SDLC using internal and third party resources as required
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, forecasts, manage project deliverables and scope, resolve cross-functional issues and change control
- Co-ordinate the resource team in line with the plan
- Work with business stakeholders to identify additional innovative opportunities to transform the operation, elicit high level strategic plans, build a pipeline, secure funding and deliver identified strategic initiatives
- Understand and deliver on the customers needs, collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure requirements are documented and agreed
- Work with 3rd party vendors to deliver technical solutions, including RFP’s, solution architecture, build, test and implementation.
- Develop quality assurance plans to ensure what was requested has been delivered successfully
- Manage any migration from a business readiness perspective, ensure solutions are migrated accordingly, users are trained as appropriate, operational support plans are in place and the business is ready to launch
- Effectively control risks and issues, manage dependencies within your workstream and as part of the wider transformation program as required, escalation of issues to senior stakeholders as appropriate
- Monitoring project progress and performance, budget tracking, governance and reporting at a project level
- Contributing at a program level in areas such as cross workstream dependency management, governance, quality assurance, delivery frameworks and communities of practice
Key Skills, Experiences & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, IT or a related field
- 10+ years delivering complex commercial and technology projects in a large scale FMCG environment
- Substantial commercial acumen, the program manager will be immersed in the business for long periods and must be comfortable operating across departments
- Experience at a strategy level, must be able to work with senior executives as required to develop a backlog of projects and initiatives
- Strong vendor and system integrator management experience
- Broad exposure to change management and business readiness techniques
- Attention to detail, must be able to operate at the relevant levels of detail required to ensure successful delivery
- Analytical thinking – ability to understand a situation by segmenting and tracing implications step by step.
- Working knowledge of enterprise platforms, as comfortable delivering a bespoke digital technology and integration, as they are working with an SI to implement an off the shelf platform
- Experience in some or all of: Mergers & Acquisitions, business restructuring, eCommerce, Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management systems, EPOS, mobile apps, software development
- PMP or Prince2 certification
- Prior experience working in a CSV environment useful but not required
- FMCG, Retail or Supply Chain experience a must