Engineering Manager – Data Engineering
- Job Ref: 8479
- Greater London
Our client is a rapidly working start up, who provide a suite of information and data processing software products, are currently on the lookout for an Engineering Manager (Data Engineering) to join their management & leadership teams.
At the Engineering Manager you will be experience in end to end product ownership with the goal to deliver the best products in a data-driven way delivering true value to customers.
- Strong background in Python
- Big Data tooling e.g Spark, Apache Beam etc
- Streaming tech experience e.g Kafka, Pubsub etc
- You have previous experience managing technical cross functional engineering teams with full ownership of end to end deliveries
- You have strong recent technical background, that enables you to empathise and lead your engineers across various end to end cross functional products
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define the vision and technical direction
- Ensure your team possesses and develops the right skills by deeply understanding the requirements of the product you are building
- You have a data driven approach and mindset
- Mentoring and coaching colleagues within your team using your expertise as an engineer
- Encourage and facilitate communities of practice to ensure we share best practice across the engineering teams
- Help shape the engineering function by bringing your experience of cutting edge processes and technologies into the business
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience setting up Big Data tooling e.g knows how to setup Spark on a cluster including resource provisioning
- Background in financial services, hedge funds, or similar.
- Previous start up experience.
Salary: £100-140K, stock options, etc
South East London