Director of Software Engineering
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering for my client a leading fintech company worldwide.
About the role:
As a Director of Software Engineering you will be a hands-on technologist supporting the business unit in the development of the next generation platform. You will deliver on the vision of the business by participating in the development, research, and recommendation of appropriate models, methods, tools, and technologies to provide a matching technology vision to achieve business solutions at a platform wide level.
You will be responsible for:
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Designing and architecting complex solutions on a distributed, event based, microservices platform dedicated to high scale processing of substantial amounts of data and transactions.
- Actively collaborating across squads for deliverables and driving engineering excellence, including framework advancement, standards formulation, and performance optimization.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, Architecture, Product Owners & Technical Leads to analyse and define technical requirements.
- Championing innovative technology solutions as appropriate, to resolve complex business problems.
- Providing thought leadership to the team, and continuously researching new and emerging technologies/techniques including prototyping to determine capabilities and feasibility.
- Collaborating with Architecture, Chapter Leads, and Squads to identify, maintain and prioritize technical tasks including Technology Lifecycle Management and Continuous Improvement items.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience in J2EE application development frameworks and can demonstrate passion for quality and technical excellence in your coding ability.
- You have expert knowledge of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application.
- Experience developing RESTful/event-based web services applications using Frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring Core (IOC), and technologies like Kafka and Oauth2 (security).
- Experience developing full stack applications using AWS cloud-platforms with services like EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, S3, IAM Roles, EKS, CloudWatch and Elastic Search and AWS messaging capabilities like SQS and SNS and AWS NoSQL data stores like DynamoDB.
- Experience with test automation at different levels of testing (unit, component, integration, and end to end tests) using appropriate technologies.
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines using technologies such as GIT, Maven, Docker, Jenkins, and Kubernetes
- Appreciation for the technologies used across the whole stack in designing multi-tier solutions (Oracle RDBMS in data tier, Angular/SPA front end)