Financial Regulation Compliance Specialist
- Job Ref: 9001
- Accounting and Finance
Financial Regulation Compliance Specialist - Contract
Location: Dublin City & Hybrid (on-site 2x per week)
Contract: 12 - months, daily rate
Day Rate: €600 - €750 DOE
The role is to support the Financial Regulation Compliance team who have responsibility for ensuring that our client, is compliant with all facets of Financial Market Regulation. The role will involve working closely with teams across the organisation to proactively manage their financial regulatory obligations.
You will be responsible for:
Knowledge you possess:
- Translation of principle-based regulation into practical requirements for all impacted Trading processes (i.e. trade initiation, capture & settlement, Trading policies)
- Monitoring technical development in financial regulations (MIFID, MAR, EMIR, REMIT) including developing a network of cross-industry contacts and inform Trading & Stakeholders as appropriate
- Providing technical advice to Trading teams on Financial Regulation requirements
- Advising the Trading Senior Management Team and other stakeholders on ensuring compliance risk is minimised
- Working collaboratively with Group Treasury, Group Risk, GT Regulation to ensure interpretation and implementation of requirements is coordinated across the Group
- Managing queries that arise from both the Regulatory Authorities and the Central Bank
- Regular engagement with trading desks and teams across generation on compliance issues and market developments
The successful candidate must have use of a personal ‘phone, laptop/PC and internet facilities, and must be equipped to fully engage in a professional manner during the course of the engagement.
- Experience working in financial regulatory compliance with specific knowledge of some or all of energy market regulations: MIFID, MAR, EMIR, REMIT
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience
- The ability to comprehend complex Trading issues involving processes, people, systems & finance
- Knowledge of financial instruments and their application
- An understanding of a trading operation is desirable but not essential.
Deadline for applications will be March 22 2023.
Please contact me at email@example.com or submit an application today!!