Head of Engineering – contract
- Job Ref: 9007
- Greater London
- IT - Java
We are looking for a Head of Engineering for 6 months rolling contract for a leading consultancy company in central London.
About the role:
You will be working on application development. You are able to do code reviews for C#, Java and Java Script and is a highly experienced DevOps.
Desirable Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- React and React flow frameworks, such as Redux
- Knowledge of software testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Selenium/Playwright.
- Experience with integration of other systems such as message bus or message queuing, reference data.
- Awareness of backend to frontend messaging protocols and which to select to optimize frontend performance.
- Create, maintain and ensure coding standards and drive re-usable patterns. Experience in developing within code repositories and branching strategies within repo tooling, e.g. GitHub, GitLab.
- Drive and promote transformation of the platform stack, input into various architecture roadmaps from cross-functional domain architects such as Head of UI Architecture, learn new technologies and develop PoC initiatives.
- Experience in decoupled service orientated systems for internal system dependencies and code.
- Take ownership of the engineering capability of the platform, development tasks and see them through from conception to production.
- Reviewing, refining, estimating and prioritising platform changes against functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience in leading a development team with technical leadership decision making, direct line management responsibilities, planning training paths, managing disciplinary issues, resource profiling.
- Act as a point of escalation for incidents occurring on the platform, triage effectively within the team and ensure remediation tasks are documented and added to product backlog.
- Experience working with Cloud Architectures and cloud-based solutions such as services in AWS. Good understanding of microservice architectures and patterns.
- Experience of using Agile such as Scrum, Safe, Kanban, methodologies.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD (DevOps) with demonstrable practical experience of implementation.
- Full stack development experience with .NET and/or java, including build back end for front ends (BFFs), containerised application development in AWS.
- Knowledge of Data quality and Data cataloguing solutions.
- Understanding of C4 model for visualising software architecture.
- Understanding of micro-frontends and hosting mixed framework applications within a single frontend shell.
- Experience of working in a financial or trading organisation, with an understanding of financial instruments and transactional data modelling.
- Experience of Inter-Dealer Broking Market.
- Experience working with / designing Big Data solutions.