Pricing Analyst (SME)
- Job Ref: 9027
- Accounting and Finance
Pricing Analyst (SME) 12 Month Contract
Our client, are looking for a pricing analyst on a 12 month contract to join the business pricing team, who are responsible for providing innovate, competitive and accurate pricing solutions for the entire business market across Ireland.
This role will work with the SME team lead, on pricing and analysis in the SME Gas and Electricity sector, ensuring tariffs and fixed price products are market and cost reflective.
You should have good initiative, analytic skills and ability to think through problems and apply good judgement. You should have excellent excel and modelling skills, with a desire to understand systems and data.
- Deliver analysis and oversight for tariff price reviews in the market, building electricity and gas prices based on cost inputs
- Work with SME team lead and other stakeholders to understand the historic and forecasted performance of products
- Develop pricing strategies and products across all business sectors in line with the ambitions of the business markets team and key objectives of customer solutions
- Work with IT to deliver system changes and update models in line with CRU regulations and new product implementations
- Analyse competitors and offers in electricity and gas markets and using this to provide insights into price composition/trends in the retail market
- Provide pricing inputs to support business cases for new products and services as required, across standard commodity products
- Understand, review and analyse electricity and gas industry consultation papers and the impacts of changes on the end retail price and provide insights to key stakeholders
- Provide assistance to the reporting team to ensure the relevant tariff books are accurate and relevant updates are implemented
- Work with business markets and forecasting teams to ensure forecast assumptions are as accurate as possible
The role is hybrid based, with a mixture of remote work and in office attendance for in person collaboration, the frequency will be agreed with the manager and subject to ongoing review.
The candidate must have access to a personal phone, laptop/PC and internet facilities.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent excel and modelling skills
- Ability to comprehend complex issues and factors which play a part in the development of a price