Android Developer – Nenagh
- Job Ref: 8168
Do you want to deliver world class FinTech solutions? Are you interested in contributing to innovation daily? Our client is looking for an Android Developer to join their Point of Sales team. This is a great opportunity to utilize your diverse set of skills and further develop them further.
You will be working as part of a global distributed development organization using Agile Scrum methods and CI/CD pipelines.
As an Android Developer you will:
- Contribute to the technical solutions within a collaborative, high trust, solutions delivery team which will contain other developers, architects, product owners and DevOps engineers.
- Design and implement Android applications and services that provide best in class payment flow experience for customers.
- Engage in architectural direction and solution specification for new applications and services.
- Be responsible for the quality work – development and coding, unit tests, debugging with tools, defect resolution, implement for high throughput performances, estimations, and documentations.
- Participate in validation activities including, component tests, regression tests, system integration tests.
- Troubleshoot issues that may span across wide range of device types.
- Create and monitor of logging solutions to allow for state-of-the-art monitoring of our high performance, enterprise production environment.
- Knowledge transfer, support, and educational development of internal and external team members.
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
What you will bring:
- 6+ years’ experience in designing and developing Android, web, and services-based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, business informatics or mathematics. Comparable education or professional experience also considered.
- Strong skills and in-depth experience Java/Kotlin/Android.
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence.
- Familiar with 3rd party libraries for Android.
- Previous experience in payments industry, specifically with EMVco, NEXO or PCI/PTS standards.
- Expertise in Android - understanding of the platform, experience with Android ROM is a plus.
- Be up to date with the latest Android application development trends.
- Experience with server technologies, REST web services, SOA, databases, and schema design.
- UI development, optimal performance, adaptation to various screen sizes.