Control Room Engineering Supervisor
- Job Ref: 8923
Job Title: Control Room Engineering Supervisor
Location: Cobham, UK
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000, Depending on experience
Our client is looking for a Control Room Engineering Supervisor to join their team. Reporting to the Technical Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for supervising and supporting the provision of their Command and Control Room, ensuring that the Control Room team monitor engineering systems availability, reliability and overall efficiency in support of continuous 24/7 operations to their customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring that, in the event that engineering system parameters are not met, the incident management procedures are correctly implemented.
The ideal candidate will have a recognised trade in a Mechanical / Electrical / Building Services discipline, have 5+ years experience in critical building engineering services and will have experience working in a Control Room environment.
- Ensuring the engineering systems are proactively monitored via the Building Management and Electrical Management systems (BMS / EMS) 24 x 7 x 365
- Conducting engineering-based assessments on BMS / EMS based alerts, evaluating operational and customer service risk.
- Reporting issues pertaining to engineering systems availability and / or design efficiency, assessing technical Design and O&M information and associated schematic drawings
- Support first line review of incident response, containment and resolution, providing technical support and assistance to operational staff.
- Operate, monitor and report engineering services activity through internal CAFM and Service Desk systems
- Produce and distribute service performance reports on third-party suppliers
- Having / supporting a clear understanding of both technical standards and emergency operating procedures (SOPs and EOPs) in support of task management and subsequent delivery
- Maintaining the Control Room playbook and associated documentation
- Operating and maintaining the CAFM system, ensuring that planned, corrective and reactive tasks are responded to and delivered in accordance with customer SLAs and KPIs
- Supporting the company Technical Innovation Hub, using analytical data to support operational improvements
- A recognised trade qualification in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline or Building Services.
- 5+ years’ experience in critical building engineering services
- Experience of working in a Control Room environment
- Experience of working with BMS and EMS systems
- Awareness of out-of-hours working practices to support Control Room operations – i.e. Building Handovers, Scenario Testing
- Own car for business travel.
Please get in touch now if this role is of interest and we can set up a time to discuss it further!